Friday, January 21, 2011

Discovery of Inspiration

It's Friday, which means that most of us are probably fiddling around with numbers, preparing presentations, or stuck in interminable meetings. Crouched over our keyboards and frowning - or looking cross eyed - at the screen. Maybe moving our mouths as we have silent dialogues with ourselves.
I know that we all have different reasons for writing, for doing this crazy thing that a sane person wouldn't normally undertake. For myself, I started writing because someone inspired me. Others write because it's an outlet, some because it's a new challenge.
Writing can be like a drug, don't you think? When you open a blank document there's nothing but possibility. As I conclude this new manuscript, I've realized that a certain rumor I've heard before isn't true. Which rumor is that, you ask? It gets easier the more you do it. So not true. Okay, writing can be like playing guitar - the more you do it, the more accustomed to it you get - but it doesn't get easier as long as you keep trying to improve, right? It just gets harder. The higher you set the bar, the more you want to poke your eyeballs out and commit yourself.
Just some thoughts for the beautiful weekend. : )
Seriously, if I ever get a chance to write an acknowledgement, I'll be mentioning ya.
Bizzare,esoteric traits , absence of artificiality .....
Still lot more to share ,may be in my next blog 36 hours of journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment